Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Oh Pinterest..... How I love you!

I must say I think Pinterest is just about the best thing out there on the internet.  I love perusing all those lovely ideas.  I've pulled so much inspiration from Pinterest and have actually used many ideas and recipes myself.  I thought I'd share a few of my favorite finds. I've posted a photo of my result and below it a link to the original pin.


I am super happy with this chalkboard.  There aren't any instructions with the original link, just the photo - so here's what I did.  I was going to try to make the chalkboard paint like I'd seen on other pins, but when I went to the hardware store to get the unsanded grout you need, the grout was just as much a new can of paint!  I was lucky though and had a friend who gave me an unwanted can! 

I found a nice big sturdy piece of fabric at the thrift store and stitched the bottom together and made a pocket across the top for the curtain rod to run through, added a pocket to hold the chalk.  I then painted a couple coats onto the fabric and let it dry.

And that was it - I've had a great time putting up quotes and special drawings from time to time.


I differed a bit from the original pin for this dog cake, I just can't pipe frosting that well, so we went with a smooth coat look and made it to look like our dog Conrad.

This was an easy one.  The only thing I'd say I would do different is buy 2 skeins of fun fur - I had to fill in with the pink flowers since I ran out of yarn!


This chocolate syrup is so good!  It makes chocolate milk that tastes like the pre-made stuff you buy in the big jugs, but I know exactly what when into mine.  It was pretty easy to make too.

 This was so fun!  The original pin shows plastic bags, but my husband and I had a great time making this net out of party streamers.  Our daughter was SO surprised on her birthday morning!

 It's always a bit of a bummer to have to head off to school on your birthday - so I loved this idea of wrapping up all of the birthday girl's lunch.  She said her friends would all try to guess what each thing was before she opened it.  

 This was one of the first Pinterest ideas I tried.  The only thing that I did different was get out my extra paint for the living room and painted the bottom brackets that are visible - they blend in much better than the bright silver finish they started with.

And lastly - Little miss and I made these pre-made s'mores for the February class party at school.  I was worried about them being messy, but they were great!  I thought they were pretty yummy too!

I have used so many other recipes from Pinterest too - I'll have to try to remember to take photos as I go.  I always think it's fun to see what ideas turn out and which ones are nothing like the photo you pined :)

What are your most favorite Pins?

No comments:

Post a Comment